Support this site
I'm not broke, but it does take about $250 a year to run this site through SquareSpace and that doesn't include the time it takes to create content. I love doing it and I'm not going to stop,
but if you get value from this site, I'd be honored if you'd throw me some tip jar dollars.
And no worries if you're short on cash because there are other ways to help!
There are a couple of ways you can support this site.
- Buy a subscription to Literistic.
Literistic is a monthly email newsletter that alerts writers to contests, fellowships, and literary magazine submission deadlines. I use it and it saves me hours every month. I love it, so I'm an affiliate. The literary magazines featured have been vetted to ensure quality. So you're not going to be getting these lit mags that were started by college freshman last week, have no following, and probably won't last a year. Literistic is a must-have for any serious writer.
Got questions before you sign up? Drop me a line. (FYI: The price is the same whether you use my affiliate link or not. So why not help me out?)
- If you're considering trying Book of the Month, please use my affiliate link.
Not only will you get a super discount on your first box, I'll get a free book. Considering how many books I buy in a year, I'd be grateful for the help.
- If you like Glossier brand makeup––aka, makeup for people who hate makeup––please use my affiliate link.
No, it's not especially bookish, but I like looking good while doing bookish things.
- If you're looking for virtual therapy, such as Talkspace, please use my affiliate link.
I don't have the time nor interest to meet a therapist face-to-face, so I use the Talkspace app to text or video chat or leave audio messages for my therapist. It works better for my lifestyle because I don't have to leave work early once a week or try to remember everything I want to talk about––I can just message my therapist as the need arises. And yes, she's licensed and is very good.
- Ask me about collaborating on a sponsored post or affiliate partnership.
If you have bookish goodies you're selling, hit me up. If I think my readers will like it I'll share it with them. I'm open to receiving free stuff and/or dollars.
- Buy me a coffee. Being caffeinated helps me write.
- Send a donation using the "donate" button below or my PayPal link.
(Please note that donations are not tax deductible since this isn't a nonprofit.)