Support this site
I'll be honest with you. I'm not broke, but it does take about $250 a year to run this site through SquareSpace (business plan + 2 additional domains) and that doesn't include the time it takes to create content. I love doing it and I'm not going to stop,
but if you get value from this site, I'd be honored if you felt moved to contribute.
And no worries if you're short on cash because there are other ways to help!
There are a couple of ways you can support this site.
- Buy a subscription to Literistic.
Literistic is a monthly email newsletter that alerts writers to contests, fellowships, and literary magazine submission deadlines. I use it and it saves me hours every month. I love it, so I'm an affiliate. The literary magazines featured have been vetted to ensure quality. So you're not going to be getting these lit mags that were started by college freshman last week, have no following, and probably won't last a year. Literistic is a must-have for any serious writer.
Got questions before you sign up? Drop me a line. (FYI: The price is the same whether you use my affiliate link or not. So why not help me out?)
- Ask me about collaborating on a sponsored post or affiliate partnership.
If you have bookish goodies you're selling, hit me up. If I think my readers will like it I'll share it with them. I'm open to receiving free stuff and/or dollars.
- Send a donation.
(Please note that donations are not tax deductible since this isn't a nonprofit.)
Short on cash? No worries! There are other (free) ways you can help support my work.
- Follow me (Mandy Shunnarah, creator of Off the Beaten Shelf) on Facebook and Twitter.
- Share posts you like on your Facebook and Twitter.
- Sign up for my email list. I'll even give you a free ebook when you do! It's called Read More, Live More: How to Read More Books Than You Ever Thought You Could.
- Forward my weekly newsletters to your friends who might be interested and encourage them to subscribe. They'll get the free ebook, too, when they subscribe.
- Invite your book nerd friends to hang out with the Off the Beaten Shelf community on Facebook.
- Read and share the writing I've done for other websites. Here are links to my essays in literary magazines and book news for other publications.
- If you hear about publications needing someone to cover books on a freelance basis, let me know.
I'm immensely grateful for any support you can provide.
Off the Beaten Shelf (and it's sister blog, Politically Literate) wouldn't be possible without you.
Thank you from the bottom of my bookish heart.